“You can't pour from an empty cup.”
Hand on heart, it's not a secret that parenting can be pretty exhausting sometimes. Amongst all the daily tasks, we often tend to put ourselves at the bottom of the list. But one thing we forget is that it's not possible to pour from an empty cup.Especially during this challenging time, it's more important than ever to take some time for self-care so that you can parent from a place of rest and happiness rather than exhaustion. Today we want to share 5 great self-care tips with you to keep your cup full during this special time:
1. Reasonable expectations: You can't be the perfect partner, entertainer, employee and teacher all at once. Nobody has it all perfectly together. Don't let yourself be influenced from someone else's highlight reel on Instagram. This is not the time to be perfect. And by the way- it never is. There is no way to be a perfect parent, but a million to be a good one. Let them watch TV, order the pizza, ignore the dirty laundry. Just try to do your best and don't be so hard on yourself.
2. Healthy routine: Try to maintain a healthy routine. This can involve sticking to regular bed- and mealtime and being physically active. For example going for a walk to get some sun and fresh air. You can also check out these free apps that make it easy to squeeze in yoga or a cardio workout while your child naps: https://www.downdogapp.com/. They also offer personalized yoga for new and expecting mothers!
3. Limit your news time: Of course it's important to be informed but too much can negatively affect your mental health and lead to overthinking and panic. You get bombarded with news everywhere– on the radio, television and through your social contacts. This can be very overwhelming and many find it very helpful to limit time spent listening to the news. It's great to tell your friend that you would rather not speak about it today. These are healthy boundaries to protect your energy.
4. Stay active...with your baby!: Maybe this is the perfect time to try something new. There are many great online classes you can try out with your little one, for example baby yoga or zumbini (zumba for babies and toddlers), which may help them sleep even better. Click here to start your first zumbini class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8wtLmeBRY
If your child is a bit older there's also a big variety of clips available to keep them entertained alone. So you can use the time to get some well deserved me-time. Check out this cute yoga class for kids with animals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XCQfYsFa3Q
5. Me-Time: Don't feel guilty to take and enjoy your well deserved time alone to fill your cup and recharge your energy. Go for a walk around the block alone, take a bath, read or listen to a podcast, meditate or chat with a friend. Do whatever feels good. Ask your partner to take care of the children and use the time after the kids have gone to bed.
Take a deep breath now and become aware of the fact that this is a temporary situation. Imagine the time after COVID-19. How grateful we will be for life's simplicities, which we too often take for granted. Look forward to hugging your family and friends, summer barbecues and beautiful trips. Better days are coming. Through it all, we hope that you, parents, are taking good care of yourselves so that you can take best care of your young ones. Stay happy and healthy!
As we work hard to ensure that all families have access to the formula their babies need during this time, you may experience some difference in delivery-times and product availability. We plan to be back up at full capacity by the end of April and will advise customers via email when specific formulas are restocked. Please continue to utilize the "notify me" email boxes on each product page. Please don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can support your family and formula needs.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
One of the great things about formula feeding is how easy it is to feed your baby wherever you may be! Here we are going to answer some common questions many new parents have as they navigate formula feeding while out and about, and we are going to share tried and true tips so that you can coast right into this new adventure with ease.