After becoming between month 6 and 8 a real pro in breastfeeding or baby milk drinking the next step on the nutrition terrain of life is waiting: the porridge.
How do I encourage my baby to baby cereal or rice porridge without stressing me and the little one? Here we want you to give you some tips and impulses.
1. Read the signs. Does my baby grasp for the food? Is it trying to put it in its mouth? Is your baby about to sit on its own? Then the time seems to be right to prov...
2. Bibs en masse. Feeding baby cereal for the first time is not exactly as accurate as surgery. A generous number of bibs and a wax cloth on the table gives your baby expressive liberty and keeps you happy.
3. Be patient. Your baby is an expert in breast feeding, but a newbie on the spoon. Your baby might get a bit frustrated. Struggling is normal. Offer your baby cereal again and again. It might take some time before it accepts it.
4. Play and eat. Playing is joyful learning. Let your baby smell, see, taste the food .. hmmm? How does that taste? If feels weird in the mouth.. It will discover baby cereal on its own way, although it might include the calculation how far it can fly.
5. No pressure. Every day is different and so is the feeling of hunger. Your baby draws the line and it won't eat any longer, when it is full. Don't push it. And don't punish with food. Food shall nourish your baby.
6. Tricking with fun. If your baby refuses to open its mouth give it a spoon of his own and "assist him" in feeding him with a second one. Or play the good old "Open the hangar, here comes the airplane" game.
We hope we could give you some ideas and wish you a happy and relaxed feeding!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
If you are a first time parent awaiting your baby's arrival, there are some things about the first year of parenthood that nothing can truly prepare you for. Parenting is one of those things that despite how much you prepare yourself ahead of time, you truly don't know just how it will feel until you are in the thick of it. Here are the good, the hard and the beautiful things we think you may want to know as you get ready to embark on this journey!
One of the biggest adjustments surrounding becoming a new parent pertains to all things related to sleep! Today we are going to explore the importance of sleep for you and your new baby, as well as how to implement a schedule and habits that will encourage sleep for all, right from the start!