Jingle bells are jangling, nerves are starting to fray, sparkling lights astound and blind you and music pumps joyful tunes from warm and welcoming shop doors. Yes that’s right, it’s almost Christmas!
What’s not to love about this time of year? The holidays, family all getting together, gorging on food and drink. And let’s not forget the presents! But, if you are like lots of parents, you might be on a tighter budget than normal this year so here at the Organic Baby Food Shop we put our happy festive brains together to come up with 15 stocking stuffers for toddlers that will blow your mind but not your wallet.
1) Rhyming Words Flash Cards – ok, this is for the slightly older child 5 to 6 years old. But they are such a cute way to learn with short rhymes to help your child develop their poetry, singing or even rap composition skills! At $5.77 and free delivery worldwide they are hard to pass up.
2) There are more great stocking stuffers for toddlers. Melissa & Doug water coloring books are always a great, no mess, lots of fun present for kids. Amazon has a wide range of titles from $4.99 that arrive in time for Christmas.
3) Christmas stocking stuffers wouldn’t really be complete without a play fruit set and plastic knife. This really cute set has 2 piece Velcro fruit so your child can pretend to cut and prepare food for grandma and grandpa. It’s a bit more expensive at $12.90 but it does have 20 pieces so it’s great value for money.
4) Usborne books has a whole stocking stuffer section (trying saying that with a mouth full of candy) and we really love 100 Paper Spaceships to fold & fly.
5) If you’re buying for baby's first Christmas stocking you might like to grab one of the ‘Baby's Very First Stroller Book’ from Usborne. It has a great soft strap to attach to your stroller bar which babies love the texture of, and it also helps you not to lose the book!
6) Got a toddler that loves Lego and loves stickers? We’ve found the perfect combination! The very long titled Ultimate Sticker Collection: LEGO Winter Wonderland is available on Amazon. It can be a challenge for the smaller ones to peel stickers off and they may need help, but they love sticking them in strange places including on your nose as they chortle with glee.
7) Ok we know, this one is a bit beyond budget and probably fits into the main gift criteria but it’s just so cute, and educational, and lovely we wanted to slip it in. The Fisher-Price® Laugh & Learn® Sweet Manners Tea Set is so adorable because the tea pot talks and plays songs. Sit down and have a teddy bear picnic tea party with your toddler and enjoy the giggles.
8) What about an Inflatable Lightsaber? Oh yes, we hear what you’re thinking; those Christmas stocking stuffers are for me! Well, ok, you can buy one for yourself too, and have mock battles with your toddler.
9) Another super cool gift is the Egg-splode Egg Cup and Toast Cutter and this is one that would suit a child, an adult even up to an octogenarian with a sense of adventure and humor. Battle with your egg and toast as you demolish your breakfast. Take no prisoners! Accept no surrender!
10) If you have a toddler with a great mop of hair you might like this Magic No Tangle Neon Hair Brush. Ok, maybe it’s a bit more for you and your painless life than it is for your bub. But trust us, we’ve had hairy knotty rampant wannabe princess haired children. It will save you buckets of tears.
11) Bubbles are always fun! Not the champagne bubbles that you drink type. But the blowing bubbles that you pop type. There’s a great long lasting bubble called Bubbles That Last which really truly do last a lot longer than your average bubble. Ok they are a little harder to clean up after, but they are lots of fun for your toddler.
12) Still want more ideas for stocking stuffers for babies and toddlers? A staple set of finger puppets are always great to have around the house for your toddler to play with and to help you tell stories with real live characters.
13) A scientific and low cost option for baby Christmas stocking is the Magic Inflatable Hatching Dinosaur Eggs. Just add water and wait and watch them grow and hatch their very own toy baby dinosaur. There are 6 eggs and it costs only $4.99 at Walmart.
14) Speaking of Walmart what about this Little People Travel Together Airplane Set? It’s designed for kids 1 to 5 years old and your toddler can help Emma and Pilot Kurt zoom in the sky.
15) And last but certainly not least, what stocking would be complete without a candy cane? There are lots to choose from but we liked the interesting flavors of these Creamy Flavored Candy Canes on Amazon.
We hope you enjoyed reading this as much as we enjoyed putting it together. And most of all we hope you have a magical, special, non-reflux, non-projectile, fun-filled Christmas with your little one.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
At what age do babies stop drinking formula? Well, they don't have to stop at 12 months old, especially if they are a fussy eater and they’re not getting enough iron and nutrients from their diet.